Sunday, June 01, 2008

First Week Of Uni Life

My University started on 26th of May 2008. So, my rotting/idle-ing hours are long gone from me already. No other choice but to start studying hard and enjoy life at the same time. My first week of the university was okay. I didn't feel sleepy. Probably because I'm excited with my first week or because I'm not engaged in a studying environment for 6 long months. The lecture on the first day was quite relaxing as they want to go slowly first to make us get used to the university environment first. So, the suffering and torturing will all start on the 2nd week which is starting tomorrow.



If you ask me how is the university life, i can say that it's just like another stage of schooling life. The process repeats all over again. New subjects to be learnt. Assignments to be done and handed in on time. Examinations to sit for. Another form of educator which is lecturer instead of teacher. New friends to be made. The only thing is that we don't have a university uniform. Hahax.. But, my university do have their own dress code though. No sleeveless or any mini mini skirts/pants. Eye-catchy/indecent clothings are banned.



The food in the cafeteria is quite okay although the atmosphere in there isn't really 5 stars. Their library is quite well-equipped with a number of students in the library busy doing their work with the help of the reference book available there. Their computers are also fast. Although there's some technical error which created quite a problem for me since i can't access into the UTAR WBLE page to download the lecture notes and tutorial questions.



Oh, talking about new friends, I managed to make friends with a few of my classmates namely Yoke Ha, Nanthinee, and some other people. And there's also some people which are quite amusing in their own ways. They somehow attract unwanted attention created a bad impression of themselves. I also registered myself in the Peer Helping Programme. It's quite an interesting programme. Although I'm not specialized in this skill, I thought of gaining some knowledge of it besides gaining a new skill. Haha.. Kill two birds with one stone perhaps???



Overall, I think UTAR is quite a decent place to be in, excluding certain problems like the technical problem which created quite a havoc which caused us to change group everyday. And also the inability of some students to gain access into the important WBLE webbie.


Christina is: emo-ing plus with her hunger and sleepiness.
Hopes: Her knight in shining armor will come & save her soon.

No comments: