Monday, June 30, 2008

2 highly recommended movies~~~

21st June 2008

Went out with my friend. Been a long time since I've seen her too. Plus, she's kind of messy with all her probs. I'm happy for her because it's finally solved. Although she was dwelled in misery for quite a long time, but after a few advice from her friends and all, she finally see light to it. It's really frust seeing her so down because I think it's really stupid. Although I've told her thousand times over, she's still stubborn. Somehow, she finally see the light in her never-ending tunnel.

Ok, back to the outing. We went to KLCC as usual since it's kind of convenient for us. The queue was really long when we wanted to buy the tickets. She wasn't really the patient kind, so she asked me to stand in the line while she'll find a way to get the ticket. She's gone for a while and suddenly, she came back to me with 4 tickets in her hand. I was confused because:
1) Why is there 4 tickets???
2) How on earth she got the tickets in such a short while?!?!

Answer:
1)Not only we're watching Narnia, she even bought Dasavatar.
2)She "negotiated" with the fella to buy.

Duh!!! I was impressed all the same. Haha.. Then, we went to Kinokuniya, our paradise. She went and bought a book and recommended it to Sherilyn Kenyon's vampire series. It's kind of cool. I might have a chance to read it when she's borrowing it to me. Then we went for the movies. Although I was bad-mouthing Dasavatar because I don't really have a good impression on Tamil movies, it turned out to be awesome although it's kind of draggy. Summary is as follows:

CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN
IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I cried 3 times leh!!! It's quite touching. The Prince is like... HOT!!! I never thought a second part of a series would be so good. I've only watched The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe last 2 days when it was aired on TV3. Outdated??? I know lar. Don't need to rub it in. *sobs*. But honestly, Prince Caspian is really a must-watch. I'm awed by the touching scene and all the mythical creatures. You know how I'm always crazy over them. I wanted to be one of them!!! KYAAAA~!~!~! And it's also very touching. Aslan dissapears and Narnia is kind of upside-down. It also touches on betrayal by own clan again. Hope and Trust. I would give a thumbs up to Lucy. I so lurvvvveeeeee her. Even in the first part, she really stand out. But, Aslan is so... GORGEOUS!!! Haha... Natasha was about to kill me when i say i can marry Aslan or the white horse rode by the evil King. Haha... Anyway, expect the third installation of Narnia without the presence of Phylis and Peter. ciaoz~~~

Dasavatar
It started with Kamal Hassan as a devotee of Vishnu in the olden era. A little fact: Vishnu and Shiva god are always in a fight. So, when the Shiva devotees wanted to throw off Vishnu's statue in the temple into the sea, Kamal Hassan tried his best to protect it. Which eventually caused him to be tortured and thrown into the sea together with the statue of Vishnu. He refused to change his god from Vishnu to Shiva. Although his wife and a few people begged him. So, he died in the sea tied to the statue. When i watched, I was really freaked. Because they're really fanatic. But, Nat said that Tamils are like that. Although I'm freaked, I'm stunned in a good way which leads me to be enjoying the movie. Haha... Then, a few hundred years passed and Kamal Hassan was reborn. He's a lab researcher which is doing this research on a bio-weapon which is very deadly. It can kill the whole nation by just being released into the air. Unfortunately and as expected, it is wanted by the terrorist. The money-minded authority decided to sell it to them although it meant wiping out mankind. What the...??? So, Kamal takes the vile(bio-weapon) and runs away. That's the summary. Kamal Hassan plays 10 different people in this movie.
1)Vishnu devotee
2)Lab reseacher
3)Japanese taekwondo/karate??? master *my favourite character*
4)An Islam guy
5)Christian Fletcher the terrorist
6)A really old grandma which really put me into speechlessness because it was so damn good
7)An environment fighter
8)A police officer, super siaozzz
9)A bengali top singer who's fighting with his throat cancer. When asked to do an operation which would cause him his voicebox, it is thought that he would say "NO!!! MY CAREER IS MY EVERYTHING. HOW AM I TO SING???" But instead, he said "my career is my everything.. before i met my wife. Now, she's my all. I will undergo the operation, for her.."
10)George W.Bush the president of America. which is kind of dumb considering that he doesn't know NaCl. Lol...
This movie is super gross and super cool at the same time. It touches on humanity and also environment. I really recommend it strongly, although you are not an indian... You should give it a try. One thing about this movie is that it's really draggy at parts. Me & my friend got really frustrated. Haha... Oh yah, Malika Sherawat also acted. And she's really HOT!

Okay, i guess that's all for this blog.



*A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill*

No comments: