Sunday, March 01, 2009

Linger

Watched this chinese movie last Wednesday. Movie title is Linger or Flying Butterfly. Chinese is Hu Die Fei. I rarely watch TV nowadays. But, since Vic Zhou is acting, I decided to watch it that night. Haha..
This movie is about Yan(Li Bing Bing) who lost her boyfriend, Dong(Vic Zhou) in an accident. Dong was chasing Yan at that time to ask whether she loves him or not and unfortunately, he crashed before he got an answer. Yan was guilty and had to rely on anti-depressant pills to live until 3 years later, her doctor asks her to try and stop taking those pills. That's when she starts seeing Dong who is a ghost. Dong still lingers around in mortal world to hear Yan's answer and also to see his dad who he does not have a good relationship with.
Honestly, I've never heard of this movie before which is released in January 2008. Omg.. I'm that outdated??? And I guess that kind of means that this movie is not so popular. Which is quite true because the review I saw about this movie is not exactly a nice one. There's people condemning about the characters, the cast, the storyline, the director who is not really a romance script writer... Well, you get the point.
Personally, I like this movie. I think this movie is one of a kind movie which is potrayed in a different way. For example, most of the romance movie nowadays is about a how a pair of strangers become couple and lives happily ever after. But, this is after that. What happens after 3 years, your dead boyfriend finds you as a ghost. And you're trying so hard to forget him. Will you still have feelings for him? I get the message of the movie, and that's what movies are supposed to do right? So, why look so far into the character, etc... I also like the way the movie ended. It's sweet to me. Although not that satisfying... It was already midnight by the time I finish watching the movie. Which leaves me without any energy to bang the TV hungering for more. Hee..
As I've said before, this movie is not your typical romance movie, so some might not like it. I've come to discover that my taste is a little bit unique. Hehx.. Maybe because I don't think too much??? One man's poison is another man's meat right...
But I do have one complain about this movie.. It's that I have to agree with Ken that the cover of the movie is a bit old fashioned. Haha.. Oh, there's also credit to Li Bing Bing for singing the theme song. Only Memory a.k.a Zhi You Hui Yi. I like that song. Ghostly and sad. And this movie is so unpopular that I can't find even the song in youtube. Or the lyrics anywhere. T.T...

No comments: