Sunday, May 03, 2009

Wolverine & Threads


FOUNDATIONS ARE OVER!!!

Happy? Maybe...
Sad?? A little...
Relieved??? No doubt...

Now that's left is wait for my Semester 3 finals result (pray for the best) and wait for degrees to start. Sadly, there's only a short time to rest before degree starts. Surely, will need to find a job. No money no life... LOL!

Anyway, I managed to catch the 2 latest movies:
  • X-Men Wolverine Origins
  • Threads of Destiny (T.O.D)

I wanted to watch T.O.D, while Chee Kian wanted to watch X-Men.
After a few arguments, we came to a mutual agreement..
I would accompany him to watch X-Men, while he'll accompany me to watch T.O.D.
Fair and square~~~
So, we went to Mid Valley to catch both the movies.
I woke him up at 8 in the morning so that he won't have any excuses to be late.
However, I was the one who arrived late.
And... Got lectured by him. >.<
When we entered the theatre, the whole room was EMPTY!!!
Only the both of us.
So, as usual.. We started to create a ruckus. Haha.. He jumping around. And me shouting around.
I thought noone would be entering the room, so I was shouting something to him and suddenly, a few people came in..
=.=".. Paiseh.. paiseh... And he got a good laugh at me. Zzzz... Smacking him is just not enough. I wanted to snap a picture of how empty the theatre is, but his phone is not up to it. Oh well... Anyway, Thread of Destiny is quite a decent romantic movie. Although I don't really like the ending. Hish.. But, I think it leads to another episode of it. I guess I'll be in it for a second installment.


THREAD OF DESTINY
This japanese movie is based on a hit mobile novel "Akai Ito" written by Mei.
"Akai Ito" refers to the East Asian belief of the red string of fate. Originating from Chinese legend, "the red string of fate" myth states that the gods tie an invisible string around the ankles of men and women who are destined to be soul mates and will one day marry each other.

The plot revolves about the heroin, Mei and hero, Atsushi. When Mei met Atsushi in high school, they both realized that both of them have a lot in common. They found out that they've met each other when they were 8 years old on the 29th February - both of their birthdays. Now, 8 years later, they meet again and they somehow feel that they are fated, in one way or the other. They grew closer and as every story goes, something happens - or rather happened - made them grew apart. They realise, although fate can be sweet, it can be so dark that you don't even want to talk about it.

This story also touches on drug addiction, suicide, possessiveness and domestic violence. I kind of like Mei, although I really feel like shaking her and say "WAKE UP!!! ARE YOU STUPID???" at times. But, I realised that she's doing a big sacrifice on her part and I really salute her for it. Not everyone can do that.
It's not a common taste which is well-liked by everyone, but I think it's nice. Although it can get a little boring at times as there's not much action. So, don't watch it if you expect a lot of action.

Then, we went for...


X-MEN WOLVERINE: THE ORIGINS

One word: SYIOK!!! Really action-packed and you can barely take your eyes off the screen.
But in my case, I do get my eyes off the screen frequently especially when there's killing and gruesome things. I have a weak heart...LOL!!! Noone's going to believe that.
This movie didn't let their viewers down. yes chee kian, i have to admit that your recommendation is good. *piff* This movie is quite detailed, from how he got his name - Wolverine - to why his memory was lost. I bet a lot of people knows what this movie is all about.. so, let me express my love towards the character. XD


Wolverine a.k.a Logan ~Hugh Jackman~

Main attraction of this movie. Look at his body!!! He's so hot~~~ He's really fierce but also kind and nice. Just the perfect guy. XD

Sabretooth ~Liev Schreiber~
The antagonist of this story. But, he's quite good also. Haha.. Maybe because of his greed, he looks evil to me. My favourite quote from his is "Wake me up when it's over". XD.. Watch this movie to understand it.

Kayla ~Lynn Collins~
She's another hot woman in this movie. Really attractive and sexy. Like her physical attraction, her ability is to manipulate peoples' mind to do what she wants.

Gambit ~Taylor
Kitsch~

Funny guy and cute. Haha.. His power is kinda cool.. Which is using cards to attack people. I think he charges them with electricity. He also has a electricity stick which is quite powerful. But, I still prefer the marvel Gambit. Hee..

Wade ~Ryan Reynolds~
Talkative and funny. Can't shut up and quite powerful despite his chatty mouth. In the end, he's REALLY powerful and managed to shup up... Not in a pretty way. He's expert with the swords.

These are only those few in the movie. Obviously, there's more characters worth watching, so watch it!!! In short, MUST WATCH!!! I'm waiting for more movies. Loadsa nice movies this year. Hee~~~

After movies, we went and look for Chee Kian's Eragon: Brisingr. Saw the price that didn't drop and put it again on the shelf. Hahax.. Then, went to get some sweets. Please don't be lazy la Sei Chee Kian!!! LOL!!! Hardworking a bit. Always lazy to get this and that. Alas hafta push him to get it. If not, he won't even get to see the cover of Brisingr or get any of those candies he wanted. Hahax... Kecoh with you again when I have the time yar. Hee..

Coming up is: TRIP TO GENTING!!!


No comments: