Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Termination of the imperfect

Termination of the imperfect. To me, it means terminating or destroying or discarding the imperfect things that you've done. For example, writing an essay. If it's not good enough or if it has flaws or if it is not up to your standard or it might humiliate you, you will not think twice to throw it into the rubbish bin or tear it off. This kind of act is still ok larh...
Here comes the question, will you terminate your pregnancy when the doctor tells you that the child in your stomach is a Down Syndrome???
*****
****
***
**
*
**
***
****
*****
I'm presenting this 5 minutes speech titled "Abortion of a Down Syndrome child is not the right choice". And is doing some research on it. But still not sufficient larhhh... So I would like anyone who come across my blog to help me out. Please don't debate on why it should be aborted. I remembered once when Lynn asked me this question when I was in Form 3 or Form 4.. I can vaguely remember my age. I said it should be aborted and I really regretted my answer. After doing quite a bit of research, i think that it shouldn't be aborted. I have my reasons and I will post the final draft here when my public speaking is over. So, I still need more information and would need your help. It would be a pleasure to have a mother who gave birth to a DS child give some comments and share your experience. xD... I'm talking as if my blog is so popular like that. Nevertheless, thanks to those who helped yarh... ^^

*Nothing is prefect. Just because of its imperfection, does that mean that it's not worth anything???

1 comment:

lynnett said...

Oi you bestie! I miss you darling! I miss you like crazy! Gonna be admitted into asylum soon already! :(

Anyway, the topic you're researching on is quite an interesting and quite a challenging one too. Since I'm in your blog, haven't been blog-hopping lately (rumah illek internet, grr), I'll just spare some time to offer some opinion aight.

Fundamentally, it's all about where you stand. You've gotta ask yourself, I suppose, if you refer an unborn child inside a mother's womb as an alive specimen, or just a breathing organism that you regard as a 'thing.'

Surely, desperate times seek for desperate measures, but then again, when there's a will, there's a way. Abortion is a choice, and once the decision is made, you've gotta live with it for the rest of your life. So it's quite a life-changing decision.

And like what you've said, nothing is perfect. To me, perfection is when you embrace the imperfections of an individual and love that person for who he/she is. Down syndrome isn't an option, no one can choose to have/not have it, no..? So yea, that's basically it.

Okay, I'm done being a nerd. *turns the crazy bimbotic lynnett mode on* I love you sayang, I wanna see you badly. Faster come see me. Love you babe! Mwah! Huggies and kisses! Toodles. :)

P.S Stop falling in love with gay guys, i.e that gay celeb featured in your previous post! XD